Dear Mash
When an scf calculation does not converge the problem is almost always in the starting structure. In your case, you have used the lattice parameter of alpha-Mn, which has more than 1 atom inside the unit cell. See here, for example to look at the crystal structure

http://www.crystallography.net/cod/9011068.html

Your Mn atoms are therefore quite far from one another (around 7.7 A) and their density does not overlap, causing your convergence difficulties. As bcc is not the stable structure of Mn you should guess a better (shorter) starting lattice parameter. Moreover, You may also want to consider the fact that bcc Mn can be paramagnetic, depending on the lattice parameter. You should therefore use nspin=2 and a meaningful value for the starting magnetization. Finally, when you use occupations='smearing' the pw.x code add a suitable number of unoccupied bands to ensure the stability of the calculation for metallic systems. nband=9 might be on the scarce side: if you skip the variable you automatically obtain 12 bands, which should ensure a better convergence (with a meaningful lattice parameter...)
HTH
Giuseppe

Quoting Mashroor Nitol <mashroorni...@gmail.com>:

Dear Users:

I am new in QE. I want to know for which lattice parameter Manganese will
have minimum potential energy.  For this the following input file is used.
But every time same error message is showing "  convergence is NOT achieved
after 100 iterations: stopping. ". Can anyone help me out ?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!        INPUT    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 &control
    calculation='vc-relax'
    prefix='Mn_bcc_8'
    restart_mode='from_scratch'
    wf_collect = .false.
    pseudo_dir = '/home/mash/Desktop/qe/qe-6.3/pseudo'
    outdir= 'Mn_bcc_8/temp'
    tprnfor = .true.
    tstress = .true.
    etot_conv_thr = 1.0E-5  ,
    forc_conv_thr = 1.0D-4 ,
 /
 &system
    ibrav=  3
    A = 8.9125
    nat=  1
    ntyp= 1
    ecutwfc = 37.0
    ecutrho = 250.0
    nbnd = 9
    occupations='smearing'
    smearing='methfessel-paxton'
    degauss=0.005
 /
 &electrons
   conv_thr=1d-7
 /
 &ions
 ion_dynamics = 'bfgs'
 /
 &CELL
 cell_dynamics = 'bfgs'
 cell_dofree = 'all'
 /
ATOMIC_SPECIES
 Mn 54.938044  Mn.pbe-spn-kjpaw_psl.0.3.1.UPF
ATOMIC_POSITIONS {angstrom}
 Mn 0.0 0.0 0.0
K_POINTS automatic
   8 8 8 0 0 0

Thank you

Mash
Mississippi State University

GIUSEPPE MATTIOLI
Via Salaria Km 29,300 - C.P. 10
I-00015 - Monterotondo Scalo (RM)
Mob (*preferred*) +39 373 7305625
Tel + 39 06 90672342 - Fax +39 06 90672316
E-mail: <giuseppe.matti...@ism.cnr.it>