Hello QE world,

I have a very general question about Raman calculations (I will include that I
am using QE version 6.4.1 per the posting guidelines in case that helps my
answer my question).

Background: I am calculating Raman shifts in strained 2D MoS2 polymorphs.

It was mentioned to me to by a non-QE user (but a computational chemist) that
adding a correction for anharmonicity is sometimes done for Raman calculations,
at least in other software packages.  Having read "QUANTUM ESPRESSO: a modular
and open-source software project for quantum simulations of materials", I
understood that anharmonicity is taken into account with the inclusion of
second and third order energy derivatives. Am I understanding this correctly?
If I am, I would conclude that the suggestion made to me (referenced above)
would be moot.

If I am misunderstanding, are there post-processing procedures I should include?

(This is my first time posting. I believe I have adhered sufficiently to the
posting guidelines, but apologies in advance if I missed something.)

thank you,
Jessica Johnson
Graduate Research Assistant
Materials Science and Engineering Department
Rutgers University, New Brunswick