Dear QE users,

I tried to perform a vc-relax calculation on an organic structure in a
hexagonal lattice (space group R -3, num 148). The structure was in its
hexagonal representation and I used an automated routine to transform it to
rhombohedral representation reducing the size of the structure, thus reducing
the time needed (I mention this in case it could be any relevant). When
processing, QE crashed with the error "not orthogonal operation". What strikes
me is that before this run I successfully completed a calculation of another
structure with the exact same symmetry group using the identical approach and
identical calculation parameters, so I'm not quite sure as to where could I
make a mistake. As the input file is rather large, I put it in the attachment.

All answers related to this error that I stumbled upon are from old QE versions
with parameters that do not exist anymore and I was not able to find out how to
fix this issue, or why did one calculation finish successfully while the other
did not. I'm using QE version 6.4.1.

Thank you for your answers, any recommendations are of great value to me.

Best regards,

Frantisek Fnukal

UCT Prague