Da: users <users-boun...@lists.quantum-espresso.org> per conto di Elio Physics
<elio-phys...@live.com>
Inviato: venerdì 13 maggio 2022 22:36
A: Quantum Espresso users Forum <users@lists.quantum-espresso.org>
Oggetto: [QE-users] molecule dismantled during 'relax'

Dear QE users,

I am relaxing a molecule in QE. I have used a vacuum distance of 13A in all
directions and the flag assume_isolated='martyna-tuckerman'. I have also added
the Van der Waals corrections.
Other than endless fluctuations in the forces,  the molecule got distorted and
some atoms "flew away" after a few steps of relaxation.

Any thoughts of how to remedy this situation?

Regards

Elie Moujaes
Adjunct professor
Federal University of Rondonia