Dear Pratyush Manocha,

I believe the spin_component variable doesn't work with noncollinear
calculations. You can however use the lsigma variable in bands.x input to
get the spin components at each k-point for every band. Then, for
instance, you can use this information to color the band plot according to
spin values (like a fatbands plot).

Best Regards,

Luiz Gustavo Silveira
Assistant professor, Department of Physics - Federal University of ParanĂ¡
Curitiba - Brazil