Hi,

you can add:

prefix "mpirun -np X"

to your pwtk script (where X is the number of processors);
this can also be specified in your local ~/.pwtk/pwtk.tcl file so that you don't have to add it to every script when running on a particular machine

For more details see: http://pwtk.ijs.si/src/pwtk_tcl42E52E20Executables2F3A3Apwtk3A3Aprefix.html#robo195

Best,

Matic Poberznik

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask you, if it were possible to use mpirun -np for parallel computation, while using pwtk script to run my calculations. On pwtk webpage, it is stated that it should run in parallel mode, but only one of my cores is being used.

Can anyone point my in some direciton

Thank you in advance.

PS:I have also attached a script

# load the pw.x input from file
load_fromPWI pwscf.in

# open a file for writing resulting total energies
set fid [open etot_vs_ecutwfc.dat w]

# loop over different "ecut" values
foreach ecut { 45 50 55 60 65 70 75 80 85 90 95 100 } {

    # name of I/O files: $name.in & $name.out
    set name TiB2_alpha_scf_ecutwfc-$ecut

    # set the pw.x "ecutwfc" variable
    SYSTEM "ecutwfc = $ecut"

    # run the pw.x calculation
    runPW $name.in

    # extract the "total energy" and write it to file
    set Etot [::pwtk::pwo::totene $name.out]
    puts $fid "$ecut $Etot"
}

close $fid

Matic Poberznik
CNR-IOM Democritos c/o SISSA, via Bonomea 265, Trieste, Italy