Thanks - thhis is the paper:

and in the matdyn (https://www.quantum-espresso.org/Doc/INPUT_MATDYN.html) this is the option 'all'.

Not sure about q2r - should be there as well, but I do not see it - but maybe I'm missing something?

                        nicola

On 25/10/2023 16:44, Elio Physics wrote:
Dear all,

There have been several papers discussing the use of the so-called Born-Huang and Huang invariance conditions to soothe the possible negative frequencies that may arise in the long wavelength limit (q->0, near the G point) in the phonon dispersion of 2D and 1D material.

Is there a specific flag in the ph.x input file that needs to be turned on to incorporate such corrections?

Regards

Elie Moujaes
Adjunct professor level 4
Federal University of Rondonia
Brazil

Director, National Centre for Competence in Research NCCR MARVEL, SNSF
Head, Laboratory for Materials Simulations, Paul Scherrer Institut
Contact info and websites at http://theossrv1.epfl.ch/Main/Contact