Hi,

Following our discussions during today's RDO meeting about a draft to
start working on
python3 support in RDO, I expand the discussion to the wider group.
Please keep the discussion on the dev list, users list is only there
to raise awareness.

Since it's a huge topic, I started an etherpad to collect our
thoughts. It is on upstream etherpad
in order to collaborate with upstream as we hope this would be useful
for upstream gating.
Please read the etherpad for details and provide your feedback.

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stabilized-fedora-repositories-for-openstack

The main idea is to use stabilized Fedora repositories, it is a lot of
work and we intend to start
working that during the Rocky cycle. This will allow us to work on
migrating our packaging on python3
and support modularity which will ship with EL8 (currently a Fedora
only feature).
There's a lot of work but we aim to be ready on time to migrate to
Python3 when EL8 will be released.

This is not about supporting python3 for end-users, until EL8 gets
released, this is only intended
for our downstream and upstream CI pipelines.

Regards,
H.