Hi there,

I sent a similar question below to OpenStack ML last week, but haven't
got any answers yet. Since it is a TripleO related question, I am
reposting it here and hope for a better luck.

According to the TripleO documentation [1], the default Neutron
external bridge (NeutronExternalNetworkBridge) is left empty. This
seems to let the physical interface map to br-int instead of br-ex,
and (somehow) use more CPU power as oppose to using br-ex directly. I
don't get it... Does it mean the external traffic would go directly
from br-int to the physical interface without using br-ex? Could
someone walk me through the traffic flow in this case? I really
appreciate your help!

[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/tripleo-docs/latest/install/advanced_deployment/network_isolation.html#using-the-native-vlan-for-floating-ips

Regards,