Yes, I have set the preview panes off - but I've let it an open choice for
users. I know some of them are using it, some are not.
But it would be definitely good to have at least a switch in the config file
to control the behaviour when deleting an opened mail (either back to
message list or show ext message) in the next release 0.3-stable.