Hi Tobiah,
Hey list

I slightly remember that a question similar to this has already been
discussed in the list.
I also remember that most users were against this, and I personally agreed
with that for several reasons:

a) Unwanted read message: If you hit delete when opened an e-mail and the
next or previous e-mail is shown, you may have wanted to read that
particular e-mail later but it will now appear as unread. You have to
manually set it as unread again back in the Inbox overview.

b) Security/Anti-Spam: What if the next/previous e-mail is a spam e-mail or
worse contains a virus? Roundcube has the possibility to block external
content (like images, scripts, and so on) but it is also possible that a
virus was received from a mail address being part in your address book.
Depending on the setting, this e-mail will be fully shown, including
external contents.

c) Overview: Now this one is more a personal question. Many people like it
to go back to overview before opening a new e-mail. You're slower treating
your mails like this, but you have more overview.

Although you see that I'm FOR keeping it the way it actually is, I agree
that a switch in the configuration file would be a good idea. This switch
could define the standard behavior when having opened an e-mail (either go
back to Inbox/Folder view or load next mail).

-
Claudio