On 18.01.2014 05:58, Charles Marcus wrote:
On 2014-01-17 10:10 PM, Kaz Kylheku <k...@kylheku.com> wrote:
Your vehemence against private replies is bizarre and baffling.

Surprisingly, I'm in agreement with Noel (I generally don't see his
posts unless someone quotes him)...

What you seem to fail to be grasping is, we are saying that on PUBLIC
DISCUSSION lists, the DEFAULT behavior should be to reply to the list,
as that facilitates the purpose of the list: PUBLIC DISCUSSION.

I'm not failing to grasp anything. The usual behavior should be that, of course.

Yes, some people hit Reply thinking they are carrying on the list conversation and that is a bit of a problem. (I've seen it and it's annoying, indeed.)

They still have the intent of participating in the group discussion, but choose the wrong command that doesn't implement their intent.

Has it occurred to you that maybe some of these people have been conditioned by lists that munge Reply-To, which confirms their wrong belief that Reply is the command for the default action?

It's like disease: it harms lists that don't use it!