Hello,

I'm a first time poster. I use Roundcube 1.3.4 on a FreeBSD system.

I use postfix which gets it's authentication from dovecot imap server
and goes to a MySQL database. I am now wanting to get roundcube's
password plugin to be able to change a users password. In the password
plugin configuration file I had this originally:

update virtual_users set password=CONCAT('{SHA512-CRYPT}', ENCRYPT
(%p, CONCAT('$6$', SUBSTRING(SHA(RAND()), -16))))  WHERE user=%u;

This didn't work nor did it return any debug information. I then went
in to MySQL directly and did this:

update virtual_users set password=CONCAT('{SHA512-CRYPT}', ENCRYPT
('PasswordGoesHere', CONCAT('$6$', SUBSTRING(SHA(RAND()), -16))))
WHERE user='Username goes here';

Directly at the MySQL prompt this worked replaced user and password
with values and it got returned correctly. I then did this with %p and
%u as it appeared that not having them quoted was causing an error.
Through none of this am I getting any kind of debug or log output:

update virtual_users set password=CONCAT('{SHA512-CRYPT}', ENCRYPT
('%p', CONCAT('$6$', SUBSTRING(SHA(RAND()), -16))))  WHERE user='%u';

I try to change the password and I get brought back to the same
screen, no errors on the screen and nothing in a log, the password
does not get changed.

Any suggestions or ways I can get some logging information?

Also, when doing the change at the MySQL prompt I got a warning, doing
a show warnings revealed error 1287 that the ENCRYPT function is
deprecated and to use AES_ENCRYPT instead. I tried replacing ENCRYPT
with AES_ENCRYPT and that didn't work.

Any suggestions on either issue welcome.

Thanks.
Dave.