On Sun, 2009-09-13 at 11:42 +0100, ChrisB wrote:

> Do you have rpmforge set to a lower priority
> in /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmforge.repo  ??
>
> ie. priority=11  or some such.
>
> I've been tripped up by it missing an update to an rpmforge rpm whilst
> set to 11, though it had downloaded the old one and was trying to
> install it instead of going for the newer one . . .
>
> Unless I set it to 1 and rum yum list updates ( or yum update )

Hey man, you saved my day!

Exactly, I have priority=50 set for RPMForge.

I just wanted to make sure that it won't overwrite the basic system
packages, but apparently it does not play well with the repo. OK, I
trust RPMForge and this server is not THAT important to cherry-pick
packages, so I just followed your directions...

Thanks!

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev