Hi Dag!

On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 14:24 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:

> As long as we don't have a solution for a buildsystem, this will continue
> to happen. I can give you the reasons why this happened, but you already
> know the answers and _yes_ it's not how I would like it to be either.

I don't see what it has to do with the build system. You are right, we
have what we have (and I know what we have). But right now we are using
Subversion, a version control system, aren't we?

Why wouldn't you make it a rule to commit BEFORE you attempt build (make
a shell alias so that you CAN'T forget) instead of coming back and
committing a huge blob after you have rebuilt / tested a whole bunch of
things?

This is SVN. Nothing will get lost. Nothing will break. Nothing will be
triggered by your commit. What will happen is that a message will get
sent to the commit mailing list and hopefully I or other packagers will
read an review it. This is the worst case scenario.

If you have accidentally screwed the build, it's not a big deal. Just
commit the fixed SPEC again and that's it. This will completely exclude
the possibility of leaving uncommitted stuff in your working copy,
however.

> And I don't see a good reason for reiterating over the same thing over
>  and over again. I am not perfect and I don't have the time to change
>  how it is implemented right now.

Did you get my e-mails recently? I haven't heard anything from you. Why
can't we start changing it slowly and then migrate they finished VMs
where you want to see them?

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev