Dear Frieder,
Your diagram problem seems still to be pending. For further assistance it would be helpful if you answered a couple of questions: 1. Does your attachment "plot_date_16_lines.gif" (your mail 06.10.2016 15:06) show real time data? 2. Is the overlap of the time labeling text colums (YY.MM.DD.hh.mm.ss) the essential remaining problem? 3. What is the maximum time interval (in seconds) you want to accomodate on the x-axis?
4. How many time points you want to accomodate on the x-axis at most?

Regards
Jens