Hi,

You might want to look into the video tutorials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6bMURCVfb0&list=PL1G9eUG4bZaJ7pvUOS568320w8GVHtGRs

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Chin Luh

On 25/1/2018 4:09 AM, Nikolay Strelkov wrote:
Dear Claus!

It seems that Scilab GUI programming is not fully described nowadays.

When I programmed my Mathieu Functions Toolbox version 4 with GUI <http://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/Mathieu/> I gathered information from whole internet. You can learn GUI programming by analyzing and breaking its main GUI file <http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/mathieu/source/tree/master/demos/mathieu_gui.sci> (see it's page on Forge <http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/mathieu/page/Demos-0/> ; demo is available from Scilab: /? -> Scilab Demonstrations -> Mathieu functions -> GUI for Mathieu Function Toolbox/ ) :)

I have bookmarked some pages:

  * http://atoms.scilab.org/categories/GUI
    <http://atoms.scilab.org/categories/GUI> - you can download and
    read source code of available ATOMS
  * https://wiki.scilab.org/howto/guicontrol
    <https://wiki.scilab.org/howto/guicontrol>
  *
http://cgit.scilab.org/scilab/tree/scilab/modules/gui/demos/uicontrol.dem.sce

<http://cgit.scilab.org/scilab/tree/scilab/modules/gui/demos/uicontrol.dem.sce>
    - uicontrols demo 1 (available from Scilab: /? -> Scilab
    Demonstrations -> GUI -> Uicontrols 1/ ; locally as
    /usr/share/scilab/modules/gui/demos/uicontrol.dem.sce)
  *
http://cgit.scilab.org/scilab/tree/scilab/modules/gui/demos/cb_uicontrol_plot3d.dem.sci

<http://cgit.scilab.org/scilab/tree/scilab/modules/gui/demos/cb_uicontrol_plot3d.dem.sci>
    - uicontrols demo 2 (available from Scilab: /? -> Scilab
    Demonstrations -> GUI -> Uicontrols 2/ ; locally as
    /usr/share/scilab/modules/gui/demos/cb_uicontrol_plot3d.dem.sci )
    - *it's recommended starting point, I think*
  *
http://cgit.scilab.org/scilab/tree/scilab/modules/signal_processing/macros/wfir_gui.sci

<http://cgit.scilab.org/scilab/tree/scilab/modules/signal_processing/macros/wfir_gui.sci>
    - wfir_gui() example (locally as
    /usr/share/scilab/modules/signal_processing/macros/wfir_gui.sci )
  * http://www.openeering.com/sites/default/files/LHY_Tutorial_Gui.pdf
    <http://www.openeering.com/sites/default/files/LHY_Tutorial_Gui.pdf>
    - you already know it
  * http://scilab.io/products/scilab/application-development/
    <http://scilab.io/products/scilab/application-development/>
  * http://scilab.ninja/scilab-recipe-4-gui-basics/
    <http://scilab.ninja/scilab-recipe-4-gui-basics/> - now offline,
    but cached on Google

<http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://scilab.ninja/scilab-recipe-4-gui-basics/&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gws_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=gN1oWsi-HsKrswH74Z2YCA>
  *
http://tritytech.com/courses/scilab-courses/32-creating-innovative-gui-using-scilab.html

<http://tritytech.com/courses/scilab-courses/32-creating-innovative-gui-using-scilab.html>
    - TrityTech present course "Creating Innovative GUI using Scilab"
    you can try to contact them for materials

I have never seen comprehensive book <http://www.scilab.org/en/resources/documentation/books> about programming GUI in Scilab (in any language). So If I remember correctly I read some books about MATLAB's GUI (uicontrol) function and extrapolated this material to Scilab.

--
/With best regards,
Ph.D., //associate professor at MPEI <http://mpei.ru/lang/en/Pages/default.aspx>,

    Hi Scilabers

    Is there a comprehensive manual or book (in English, or alt
    German) about programming GUI in Scilab? (or a comprehensive web-page)

    I've found the Openeering one (18 pages):
    http://www.openeering.com/sites/default/files/LHY_Tutorial_Gui.pdf
    <http://www.openeering.com/sites/default/files/LHY_Tutorial_Gui.pdf>
    ... and I've looked at the help pages for uicontrol + run some of
    the GUI demos in Scilab.

    I have almost no background in GUI programming, nothing successful
    anyway, but it could be nice if I could at least get some basic
    GUI up running (e.g. a figure where one can manage some controls
    on the left side + see the polar plot etc on the right side).

    I think that what I need is not just examples. I need
    explanations, and preferably something coherent that I can combine
    and work with, into something that works.

    I've installed GUI builder from ATOMS. In the past I've never been
    happy with programming on a high level. I prefer to understand
    what goes on under the hood... so GUI builder is a bit of a
    desperate grasp on my part.

    Best regards,
    Claus