Thanks for the many pointers. At this stage, although R is installed on my
computer, I would hesitate learning R just to run the Nathan Mantel test.
Can someone give me a helping hand in defining a spatial coordination index?
Using - in the first place - the random xyz coordinates below that we had
been using before for the nearest neighbour distribution which had worked
out very well in accordance theoretical predictions.

Apllication of covariance/correlance analysis turned out to be useless,
because this investigates a search into linear dependencies of the x, y, z
vectors and this is not of interest.

Now, with the numbers generated below, the spatial coordination index
looking for clusters and holes in 3d space should come out near zero.
Somebody trying to run the numbers?

For an xy projection, see <
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0sv1ak9zwk5f8rv/16%2C867%20points%20in%203d%20spac
e.pptx?dl=0>.

Heinz

// START OF CODE FOR RANDOM x, y, z NUMBER GENERATION
n=16867;
r=25046;
radius = r*grand(n,1,'def').^(1/3);
phi = 2*%pi*grand(n,1, 'def');
costheta = 1 - 2*grand(n,1, 'def');
radsintheta = radius.*sin(acos(costheta));
x=radsintheta.*cos(phi);
y=radsintheta.*sin(phi);
z=radius.*costheta;
// END OF CODE