Opening a new thread after
http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Headless-graphics-in-scilab-time-memory-issues-tp4041133p4041160.html

Le 03/12/2020 à 09:59, Antoine Monmayrant a écrit :

Hello again,

Just to add to my previous message: increasing nx or ny in my script can crash scilab during the call to xend().
On my small local machine, this occurs for:

    nx=4000;
    ny=3000;

for which scilab takes ~7 seconds to create the png in "normal" mode...

Can any of you confirm this bug?

The crash is due to a too small Java Heap of memory.
When increasing it through the user's Preferences from 256 MB to 1 GB, the PNG export works as fast as expected.

By the way, everyone, what do you think about increasing the default Scilab java Heap from 256 MB to 512 MB? This default 256 MB was set a long time ago, when on computers the average RAM what much smaller than today...

Samuel