Vit Pelcak wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'd like to ask you how can I create and export ECDSA certs and keys for
> this scenario:
> http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults42/openssl/ecdsa-certs/

I described the generation of EC keys in the following posting:

https://lists.strongswan.org/pipermail/users/2008-October/002789.html

The "openssl ecparam -genkey" puts a parameter description in front
of the actual EC key, a construct which strongSwan's private key parser
is not able to handle. Therfore either delete the parameter description
manually using an ASCII editor or execute the following "cleansing" command:

  openssl ec -in ecKey.pem -out ecKey.pem

> I already have CA and RSA certs and keys exported:
>
> # find /etc/ipsec.* | grep pem
> /etc/ipsec.d/private/machine-1.pem
> /etc/ipsec.d/certs/machine-1.pem
> /etc/ipsec.d/cacerts/ipsec-test.pem
> /etc/ipsec.d/crls/ipsec-crl.pem
>
> I can pass test:
> http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults42/openssl/ike-alg-ecp-high/
>
> Do I need whole new CA or just new keys and certs are enough?

No, you can use your CA's RSA key to sign an ECDSA certificate.

> Thank you.
>
> Regards
> Vit Pelcak

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]

CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)