Hi,

first convert the base64 encoded PEM certificate file into binary DER
format:

openssl x509 -in strongswanCert.pem -outform der -out strongswanCert.der

and then use the script bin2sql:

http://wiki.strongswan.org/repositories/entry/strongswan/scripts/bin2sql.c

to convert the contents of the binary file into a HEX string:

cat strongSwanCert.der | scripts/bin2sql

Best regards

Andreas

J. Tang wrote:
> I am trying to decipher strongSwan's SQL interface.  In test
> sql/net2net-cert, moon's ipsec.sql has the statement
>
>   INSERT INTO certificates (
>      type, keytype, data
>   ) VALUES ( /* C=CH, O=Linux strongSwan, CN=strongSwan Root CA */
>     1, 1, X'308203b53082029da0....'
>   );
>
> I realize that the data blob originates from
> moon/etc/ipsec.d/cacerts/strongswanCert.pem.  My question is how does
> one convert a certificate (CA or host) to a SQL data blob?

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.stef...@strongswan.org

CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)