Hi,

We are using the strongswan 4.2.8 stack. for IKEv2(charon).

I have a query regarding the initial configuration and update of IKEv2 daemon
using IpSec.conf file:

In case I need to create a tunnel with multiple child SAs, Is it
possible to configure the IpSec.conf to acheive the same. If yes then
how ?

To explain the problem in detail, lets consider the following Scenario:

As per my understanding following configuration in ipsec.conf 1.)
Creates an IKE SA with tunnel IPs as 10.118.209.204 and 10.3.5.218,
and  2.) Creates 1 child SA with inner IPs as 10.0.3.1 and 10.0.3.2

conn xyz
        rightsubnet=10.3.5.218/16
        authby=psk
        right=10.3.5.218
        left=10.118.209.204
        leftsourceip=10.0.3.1
        rightsourceip=10.0.3.2
        ike=aes128-sha1-modp2048!
        esp=aes128-sha1-modp2048!
        leftsubnet=10.118.209.204/16
        auto=add

So, instead of creating one CHILD SA i want to create mulitple child
SA using the same tunnel configuration(10.118.209.204 and 10.3.5.218),
then what are the modification required in IpSec.conf file to acheive
the same.

Do i need to add multiple set of "left" and "right" values for each
desired CHILD SA under the same connection "xyz".

Is this supported?

Would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Regards