Martin Willi wrote:
>> It seems that if I remove all of the Ipv6 modules the IPsec doesn't work
>>

> Make sure to have at least a 2.6.29 kernel, apply the kernel patch [1]
> or use the workaround patch for strongSwan (attached, breaks mixed v4/v6
> tunnels).
>
> Regards
> Martin
>
> [1]http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-netdev/2008/11/25/4231304

I am using kernel 2.6.28. If I understand well, my options are:

1) upgrade to kernel 2.6.29 and apply patch [1] from above, to the linux
kernel.

2) stick with kernel 2.6.28 and apply the disable-iaf-tunnels patch to
charon, (this patch will brake v6/v4 mixed operation)

Can you confirm that this is correct and complete?

I plan to stick with 2.6.28 because changing kernel would require a lot
of discussions and testing.

Regards,
Dimitrios Siganos