weiping deng wrote:
> Hi Both,
>
> Excuse me. I have the following questions about the configuration payload:
>
> Q1:
>
> In current version of strongswan, whether the internal DNS can be
> assigned by server when peer initiates the request for it with the same
> configuration payload for virtual IP request?
>
> If internal DNS can be assigned, where I can get this information? And
> If I want to obtain this information for further handling, how can I do?

Yes, internal DNS servers can be assigned to a strongSwan client via
the configuration payload. A sample scenario is shown here:

http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults43/ikev2/config-payload/console.log

By default the DSN servers are added to /etc/resolv.conf by the
resolv-conf plugin. The destination file can be changed via the

  --with-resolv-conf=<file>

configuration option. strongSwan as a server can read DNS and WINS
server information from /etc/strongswan.conf using the attr plugin:

http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults43/ikev2/config-payload/moon.strongswan.conf

Both the attr and resolv-conf (renamed to "resolve" starting with
release 4.3.5)
plugins are enabled by default.

> Q2:
>
> I have always a question, ie: as the description of RFC4306 (IKEv2),
> server can assigned the internal subnet and corresponding netmask to
> peer. Why we need to configure the rightsubnet in peer’s ipsec.conf?
>
> Is this item can be removed from ipsec.conf? or maybe this item is not
> be used to configure internal subnet and can be set as random value –
> (in fact, it can not be work when I set a random value to
> right/leftsubnet).

on the client side you can define right|leftsubnet=0.0.0.0/0
and the server will narrow the range down to its own definition.
"Narrowing" is an IKEv2 feature.

> Look forward to your answer, thanks.
>
> David

Regards