Hello,

well /dev/random and /dev/urandom *are* the APIs for the
Linux Random Number Generator! This means that the default
libstrongswan random plugin uses the LRNG. We define three
strengths of random material:

type       use                        random plugin
RNG_WEAK:   nonces, IVs               /dev/urandom
RNG_STRONG: DH session keys, cookies  /dev/urandom
RNG_TRUE:   RSA/ECDSA keys            /dev/random

In place of the default random plugin you could use a plugin
of your own directly interfacing to a HW true random generator.

Best regards

Andreas