Hi,

Scanning through the mailing list I can see that the recomended minimum
number of threads is 8-10 depending on the plugins used.

Is there a way to determine the absolute minimum number of threads for a
given plugin configuration? For example, are the threads allocated
statically at start-up or are there cases when they are spawned on
demand after start-up.

My system seems to work fine with 8 threads. Can I assume that, if I
don't change the plugin configuration, 8 threads will always be enough?

Are there any plans to introduce a single threaded mode, for embedded
devices?

Is a single threaded mode possible, realistically, or would it require
complete re-engineering of charon?

Regards,
Dimitrios Siganos