Martin, Tobias,

Thanks for the info. I'm glad you confirmed there was no "secret" method of
emptying the hashtable that I'd missed. Also that my suspicions about
invalidating the enumerator if I enumerated-and-removed were correct.

In the end (a Friday afternoon deadline approaching) I decided to simply
free all of the memory consumed by the elements in the hashtable followed by
deleting the hashtable and creating a new one. I would only do this once, on
startup, if a particular sort of error occurred. Not too expensive.

If I get a chance, I'll try out your patch, this may take some weeks to
getting around to though.

Cheers,

Graham.