Hi Karl,

--On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 06:24:46 PM +0100 Karl Hiramoto <k...@hiramoto.org> wrote:

I have multiple road warriors with their own certificates.

How can I temporarily disable the user, without revoking the
certificate,  can I do that?

I assume you don't have an unique entry for every user in your ipsec.conf, so that you simply could disable this config?

Do I revoke it, and to re-enable by removing it from the CRL?   Is
there an easier way?

Reenabling a revoked certificate is not a good idea.

You could add a specific config for his connection for example:

conn tempdis
        authby=rsasig
        right=%any
        rightid="@certificatename"
        rightauth2=xauth
        auto=add

I think this specific config should win over a catchall.
rightauth2=xauth would require a 2nd auth before establishing the tunnel.
So if you put
tempdis : XAUTH "noentryhere"
in your ipsec.secrets he couldn't log in without knowing the secret and the connection would fail.

I'm not a 100% shure of this solution could anyone comment if it works this way?

Dirk