On 16/03/2015 08:23, Martin Willi wrote:
Ken,

Are there any issues with DNS & StrongSwan Mac OS X app?

The osx-attr plugin prepends the negotiated DNS servers to the currently
configured ones. You may check with scutil if that works as expected.

Not sure if keeping the current DNS servers installed is the best
approach, maybe we should remove the previous servers. But we currently
just add them to have them as a fallback.

In my case the local DNS server was being used instead of the DNS servers added by strongSwan. I could clearly see the them added in the both the strongSwan logfile and also in the output of scutil --dns.

If I deleted them all and then added just the ones via the VPN, it all worked fine.

Personally I think removing the previous servers would be better. This problem did go away in Yosemite so maybe it was a bug in previous versions of Mac OS X or odd expected behaviour.