Yes, revocation plugin works fine on 14.04, but crashes are sometimes
once a day and othertimes several times a minute.
It seems to be at strongswan start (not each time) and at IKE_SA
reauthentication (not each time).
ikelifetime is the default value.

I have a very big log file for a week (6.2GB).

I don't know if it is important, but the certificate status checking is
a mix of OCSP and CRL.
So for each server certificate, there are 2 OSCP checking before trying
CRL checking.

--
regards,
Fabrice Barconnière