Hi Ravi,

the crypto and signature functions are registered by the
openssl_plugin.c code, e.g. via the openssl_crypter_create()
function

https://github.com/strongswan/strongswan/blob/master/src/libstrongswan/plugins/openssl/openssl_plugin.c#L332

or the openssl_rsa_private_key_load() function

https://github.com/strongswan/strongswan/blob/master/src/libstrongswan/plugins/openssl/openssl_plugin.c#L470

crypters are instantiated using the global method

   lib->crypto->crypter_create()

made available by libstrongswan. An example can be found here:

https://github.com/strongswan/strongswan/blob/master/scripts/aes-test.c#L409

RSA private keys can be instantiated using the global method

   lib->creds->create()

made available by libstrongswan. An example can be found here:

https://github.com/strongswan/strongswan/blob/master/scripts/pubkey_speed.c#L85

Hope this helps.

Andreas