Thank you Tobias, Is something similar possible in windows where I can select
which all applications should enter the tunnel or not. I understand the Windows
client VPN is not ready, but in a site-site tunnel case I can selectively have
applications travel through the tunnel or outside depending on my choice?

RegardsWinny
    On Monday, 17 August, 2020, 3:08:53 pm IST, Tobias Brunner
<tob...@strongswan.org> wrote:
 Hi Winny,

> The strongswan android app has a feature where in a particular app
> can be selected and its traffic will bypass the tunnel. Could someone
> briefly explain how is the traffic originating from this application
> identified and then sent outside the tunnel.

The Android app uses Android's VpnService API.  The VpnService.Builder
class [1] provides the addDisallowedApplication method to exclude apps
from the VPN.  Android implements this via policy routing (each app runs
under a separate user ID), see [2].

Regards,
Tobias

[1]