Hi Rajiv,

Yes, they're needed in my setup to actually assign a CHILD_SA to a XFRM interface, as described here: https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/RouteBasedVPN#Configuration-2 This is also just a local option, and in my case different assignments, because xfrm0 on the initiator will be terminated in xfrm3 on the responder.

Regards

- Marcel