Hi there,
I am having a problem with the 'main/resources' and the 'test/resources'
folders when trying to generate an archetype from an example project.  Both
folders are preserving the original folder structures from the project used
to generate the archetype.  The 'main/java' and the 'test/java' are modified
to allow them to be placed into a new package structure when the archetype
is used for future projects.  Are the folders 'main/resources' and
'test/resources' meant to work in this way?

I would expect the 'resources' folders within the archetype to generate the
new files in the same manner as the java folders.  I have a situation where
junit test classes are locating Spring configuration files in the same
package.  I have the test class under the 'test/java' folder and the
configuration files under 'test/resources'.  When I run the
'maven-archetype-plugin' over the example project, (a project that builds
and tests as expected) I get the java classes modified to except new project
values, but the configuration files under resources folders are left under
the old package/folder structure.  After generation of the new project the
build fails because the tests cannot locate the appropriate configuration
files.  Is it expected that I should modify the generated archetype files by
hand to place the configuration files in the correct location?  I have been
using archetypes of a while, but have never noticed this before because I
always placed my configuration files at the route of 'main/resources' and
'test/resources'.

What are the plans for the archetype plugin going forward?  I get a sense
that things on the archetype front have gone quiet?

Are there any other options and what is everyone else doing?  Any feedback
would be a great help.
Many thanks

Trent