From: quin...@skywalk.co.za [mailto:quin...@skywalk.co.za] On Behalf Of
Quintin Beukes
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 7:31 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Capturing a Dependency into Local Repository

Hey,

I am slowly converting our projects to maven, though some are still
standard ant projects.

I've been changing the dependency JAR paths of the ant projects to point
into the maven repositories though (makes it much easier since I don't
have to keep thousands of tar.gz's and their extracts lying around).

I want to update a specific dependency of an ant project, and was hoping
to simply download it into my maven repository. I can easily setup the
remote repository, make a maven project, build it, etc. But isn't there
another way to quickly inject a dependency into my local repo?

Quintin Beukes

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files attached may contain
confidential and proprietary information of Alcatel-Lucent and/or its
affiliated entities. Access by the intended recipient only is authorized. Any
liability arising from any party acting, or refraining from acting, on any
information contained in this e-mail is hereby excluded. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy the original
transmission and its attachments and do not disclose the contents to any other
person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.
Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments belongs to Alcatel-Lucent and/or
its affiliated entities.