A previous poster wrote:

>Thanks for your response, this fixed the problem! However, another issue
comes up - *release*:*perform* almost worked out except at the very end it
failed to upload the artifact >to the repo, and the error is

>[INFO] [INFO] Error deploying artifact: Failed to transfer file: ......
Return code is: *401*

>I believe this is a permission related issue. But I've got the correct
server username/password pairs in settings.xml and running the deploy goal
in the lifecycle has no problem >having the artifact deployed, it's just the
*release*:*perform* that gets stuck with the permission problem. Anyone
knows why this happens please?
This is with an https url and, like the previous poster, I can do a maven
deploy without any issues.

Anyone have any ideas?