When you do a "mvn deploy", Maven looks for a distributionManagement section
of your POM. I would like to be able to move this distributionManagement
section out of each project's POM. My developers shouldn't have to worry
about it.

I'd like to be able to put this in my build user's settings.xml file or in
the settings.xml file inside the Maven home directory of my build system.
That way, when we change the location of our release repository, I don't
have to change all the various project POM files.

Is this even possible?

What about doing this in the company wide "Super POM"? I keep hearing about
instituting a company wide Super POM, but can't find where this is suppose
to go. My understanding is that the Super POM is inside the Maven JAR. Am I
suppose to unjar the Maven JAR, modify the Super POM and then rejar the
Maven JAR file? Or, is the company'e Super POM suppose to go somewhere else?

--
David Weintraub
qazw...@gmail.com