Thomas,

There isn't one right answer. Expect to find lots of variants.

I use a naming convention. Unit tests end in plain-old vanilla Test,
and integration tests end in *ITest. I use a wildcard pattern with
Maven to exclude integration tests since they are long-running and
need less execution. I can enable those, however, using a Maven
profile.

Also see:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Maven+and+Integration+Testing

Paul