Jeff Jensen wrote:
> Perhaps a different CI job structuring?  This has worked well
> for me at many
> customers: Have a CI job for only compile and unit tests -
> this maintains the most important very fast turnaround.  Have
> a second CI job for (longer
> running) IT tests that only runs with success of the first.
> Have a third job for coverage, standalone or as part of a
> full system site gen or using Sonar or other...

Sounds nice, but this doesn't meet my requirement, that the tests with
coverage-checks (and only one time, not twice) should run, when the
developers do "mvn test". We have a quite small difference between
coverage-threshold and actual coverage, so I think it's important, that
the developers check their coverage during development, so they can
react early.

Another problem to your solution is, that we unfortunately don't use a
regular CI-server but a bunch of shellscripts and cron-jobs. So it's not
as trivial as with Hudson (Jenkins?) to use this kind of build-pipeline.