Hi,

Very old thread, but very relevant to me right now. :)

I'd like to follow up on point 1. We have multiple dev groups collaborating
on some artifacts. It seems like once in a while an SCM update is not done
before mvn deploy. This is quite an easy trap to fall into, even if you do a
clean checkout when starting your work (everyone does, right?), someone
could have checked in some updates and deployed a new version before you do
both.

Maven should certainly allow enforcement of this - it's pretty easy to check
the sync status with SCM.

Is this available in 2.2.1? If not out of the box, how hard would it be to
write some sort of hook to the mvn deploy:deploy-file?