Sent: Monday, January 09, 2012 10:27 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Installation glitch!

Hi,

I am a first time user of maven and new to open source in general.

Congrats and welcome!

After running several different permutations and attempting to gain an
expected response from the command prompt  using mvn –version the system

has proved to be not properly installed. The command mvn is not
recognised. I have a standard Windows 7 install with a fairly standard
AMD processor. Plenty of memory and disk space.

Can anyone identify what might be causing this phenomenon on my machine?

I assume you have installed Java on your machine...?
Have you tried to logout and then login again before trying out "mvn
--version"? Changing environment variables doesn't have any influence to
already running programs...

Regards

Thorsten