with Compile on Save enabled, the test-compile phase should be skipped and
only surefire:test should be executed.

However even with that, there's overhead of jvm startup + maven startup
before the mojo gets executed. Obviously the overhead is biggest when you
run just a single test. Unfortunately not much that can be done here. We've
used to execute "Compile on Save" stuff with internal nb execution (via ant
in IDE-jvm) but the devil is in the detail there, it's not 100% exactly the
same execution as surefire. The current design decision is to be 100% equal
to what cmd line executes. The downside is speed.

Milos

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Mirko Friedenhagen <mfriedenha...@gmail.com