Hi,

I wanted to create zip out of directory. For that I am using
maven-assembly-plugin.
It looks like this :

<plugin>
<configuration>
<appendAssemblyId>false</appendAssemblyId>
<descriptor>installer-assembly.xml</descriptor>
<finalName>test</finalName>
</configuration>
<executions>
<execution>
<phase>package</phase>
<goals>
<goal>single</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

My installer-assembly.xml looks like :
<assembly>
        <id>bin</id>
        <formats>
                <format>zip</format>
        </formats>
        <fileSets>
                <fileSet>
                        <directory>release/</directory>
                        <outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
<includes>
                                <include>**/*</include>
                        </includes>
                        <excludes>
                                <exclude>**/spec/</exclude>
                        </excludes>
                <fileMode>0770</fileMode>
                </fileSet>
        </fileSets>
</assembly>

It creates test.zip for me.
But when I unzip this "test.zip" into directory "dir", I get structure like
:
dir
|-test
     |-different files

Query here is, is there any way to create a zip in such a way that, I will
get following structure :
dir
|-different file

Means it wont create folder name with test and then zip it with name
test.zip.
Instead of that, I want to zip content of folder with file name test.zip.

Any kind of help will be appreciated.

--

*Thanks*

*Vinayak S. Samak*

*Please don't print this Email unless you really need to. This will
preserve trees on planet earth.*

*Save Electricity, Water & Paper!! Go green for better tomorrow :)*

*[image: See full size image]*