Using profiles to manipulate dependencies is a route to madness.

An modules dependencies should be a constant... It was a mistake to allow
<dependencies> within <profile>.

The correct solution is to create additional modules that aggregate in the
corresponding lib versions (this is also a bad plan, but less worse than
your current plan by quite some margin). The additional modules would
depend on A and the respective version of libjar and bundle the two
together.

Then B can depend if the corresponding internmediate... Now at this point
you will start to see the madness returning... That is if you need two
versions of B.

The better solution is to just let B depend in A and then do the fatjar as
the final later after B and *override* the transitive dep on libjar in the
two fatjar building modules