I am trying to create a maven project that needs to package a bunch of
maven artifacts to finally invoke jwrapper using the exec-maven-plugin.
Because this project is mostly an integration task (jars are already
compiled and deploy in a maven repo) i am wondering what are the tools
available to download artifacts from a repo. Something like
dependency:copy-dependencies or dependency:get but that would let me work
in a more generic way such as "download every jar under
com.mycompany.projectA.* and put it in target/libA"
Having an explicit list of dependencies in the pom itself is not an option
since 1) there are hundreds of jars 2) it introduces having to maintain a
list of jars to use. I want to use instead "coordinate wildcards" to
download whole areas of the repo.

I was planning on writing such a library (which later could be easily made
into a maven plugin) but i wanted to know if there is something similar
already in existence.

Apart from the question of whether such a thing exists, I also want to
know what are the philosophical arguments against it, if any. I have heard
here talk about anything remotely touching integration should not be a job
for maven, is that really the case? in this case i am still building an
application, just not by compiling code but by integrating multiple jars

Any thoughts?

Alejandro Endo | Software Designer/Concepteur de logiciels

DISCLAIMER:
Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not
copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you
should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not
relate to the official business of the company are neither given
nor endorsed by the company.
Thank You.