Hi,
ClassWorlds is your friend if you need to do classloader fine-tuning.

For example (taken in an old poc, so this should be adapted to use
annotations etc.), something along the following would create a classpath
with test scope elements.

public class SomeMojo extends AbstractMojo
{
        /**
         * @parameter expression="${project.testClasspathElements}"
         */
        private
List<http://www.google.com/search?sitesearch=java.sun.com&q=allinurl%3Aj2se%2F1+5+0%2Fdocs%2Fapi+List>
<String <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/String.html>>
 testProjectArtifacts;
        protected
ClassLoader<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/ClassLoader.html>
 getClassLoader()
        {
                try
                {
                        ClassWorld world = new ClassWorld();
                        ClassRealm realm = world.newRealm("project");
                        for
(String<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/String.html>
artifact
: testProjectArtifacts)
                        {
                                getLog().debug("Constituent : " + artifact);
                                realm.addConstituent(new
File<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/io/File.html>
(artifact).toURL());
                        }