befaore deploying, you'll have to package, which usually attaches the artifact
for later automatic deployment by deploy plugin
see http://maven.apache.org/archetype/maven-archetype-plugin/
and the maven-archetype packaging automating it
http://maven.apache.org/archetype/archetype-packaging/

but IMHO, trying to both generate an archetype, package it and deploy it from
the example project is a risky process, because your (example project) pom
will mix configuration for archetype generation/deployment with the valuable
configuration you intend to have in the archetype

you really should use create-from-project once then maintain the generated
archetype project (and in fact the generic example project in
src/main/resources)

Regards,

Hervé