Hello,

I've got a module that builds an executable jar file using the Maven
Assembly Plugin. I'm trying to setup an integration test (in the same
module) that runs this executable jar file as a separate process and
interacts with it. To fire up the executable jar file, my integration test
requires the path to the executable jar file.

I'm trying to achieve this by passing a property to the integration-test
via system properties. This makes me feel really really dirty though and it
has issues: although the test runs on the CLI it does not in any IDE
without requiring further configuration (i.e. the property has to be
manually added to a run configuration).

After googling around a bit and reading the documentation there seems to be
no other option for this scenario. In case I'm overlooking something, I
wanted to ask here if there is a better way to start up this executable jar
file or pass in the needed parameters to do so in the integration test?

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex