I don't really know: that's a precise feature that I didn't sudy
dependency-tree is used in Maven plugins in contexts where components are
already installed: so there is not much difference between reactor resolution
and local repository resolution

you're probably right: if reactor resolution is not done, it should be added,
since that can be something generally expected from the component

Regards,

Hervé