the difference still exists, and will never be fixed: that's the reasoning
behind deprecating DependencyTreeBuilder

I you need additional info about version conflicts, you should use Aether API +
Maven Aether Provider for Maven 3, which will give you everything

But at this precise level, you don't have any single API working with every
version of Maven

Regards,

Hervé